Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Place to Start From...

Aloha! Ok probably not aloha since I have never been to Hawaii... but my boss just got back from Hawaii last week so I've got the islands on my mind!

I am not a blogger. I have another blog. I write in it faithfully... about once a year. I also change the topic of my blog faithfuly once a year. So here's to a(nother) start (again).

My husband and I are in reno-mode. We are renovating our home, our finances, and truly our lives. That's what I'm going tot alk about. Me, me, me and MY family! haha! But really, what you can expect from me is a recount of what's new within the Griggs household. I will try to keep updated on developments within our financial overhaul (thank you Dave Ramsey), our remodeling of the house (a big thank you to my husband and father-in-law), and the changes I am making to my personal life in the process. Oh! And couponing! I've been doing it for a month and I LLLLOOOOVVVEEEE couponing!

My family is at a cross-roads. Dere and I were married in April of 2009. Our son was born in February of 2010 and all of a sudden things changed. The cute little house we have with the nice sized yard suddenly was in a horrible school area. What does that mean? It means we have 5 years(ish) to get out of this neighborhood and into a home I want my son to grow up in. There is a cute little country town about a half hour from us now and that is where we plan to go. The problem... debt. Don't I just sound like every other spend-happy American out there?! Ugh! So in a few short weeks my husband and I grew up. We need to get a handle on our finances. We need to get out of debt. And we need to get out of our little "'hood" (affectionately named of course).

We are 8 months into our journey. Some things have come to light that I did not anticipate. Namely, my spiritual life. My husband and I both grew up in the church, but it wasn't until Braden was born that we were baptized. We now attend service regularly on Sunday and Wednesday. I am trying to learn how to be a good Christian woman. I am learning to be submissive to my husband in a biblical sense, without feeling like (or becoming) a doormat! I am learning about raising my son with strong Christian values and being a good example to him. There is so much to learn!

So join me on this journey! We have four and a half years to get out of debt, find a new house, sell our current house, and lay the groundwork for the rest of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment